I based EZfunk on forgotten charts I found in my workbook searching for a new song to record. I have so many of them written over the last 30 years that I forgot a lot of them.
I’m trying to alternate recording new and old songs. Most of my old songs are completely finish with the arrangement, but this one was just rough ideas I completed and arranged while recording.
The first part is a slow funk at 97 BPM. I had everything but the bassline, and I improvised around the melody written.
The second part speeds up at 130 BPM. It fits together pretty well. It’s the solo part, vamping on a B minor seven chord.
I used three different guitars to record that song. The central part is performed using my custom guitar that looks like a Semi Hollow Body PRS type of guitar. The guitar features to Wilkinson humbuckers I can edit in series parallel or splits, and the neck pickup can be switch out of phase.
The second guitar I use to play the funk read them in the intro and through all the fast tempo part is a custom Stratocaster featuring three lipstick pickups.
Finally, the third guitar I used is a Stratocaster featuring burned pickups wired like the famous Brian May red special guitar.
As usual, the bass I played the bassline using my Squier VI bass guitar. The drum part is done using various patterns from EZdrummer plugging, hence the name of the song.
This post is also available in: French